As the Care Quality Commission (CQC) moves to using more ‘intelligent monitoring’ techniques, we ask whether performance can be a predictor of care quality? Over the course of this week we will be reviewing various aspects of performance to see what, if anything, we can infer about quality from intelligent monitoring techniques.
The CQC have comprehensive and publicly available criteria for their assessments of acute providers. Yet, on some occasions, the rating given to an organisation can leave employees, patients and wider system leaders surprised.
There are some assessments of quality that can only be done in person.
It's difficult to "measure" dedicated teams that go beyond super-human compassion to make frightened and vulnerable patients feel calm and safe. Indicators can't really measure these things.
But does an organisation's big data correlate with CQC ratings?
Using the Public View multiple peer groups feature with CQC ratings (see above) we can review if there is a visible correlation between individual indicator performance and current CQC rating.
To get a sneak peak of what is to come, click here to register for a free account.
- Updated Stroke Metrics 15 Oct 2021
- User Interface Updates 11 Oct 2021
- 287 Metrics 07 Oct 2021
- Automated Testing 20 Sep 2021
- New Release 09 Sep 2021
- New User Defined Reports 04 Sep 2021
- NHS Template Errors 26 Aug 2021
- Templates Direct Database Connexion 26 Aug 2021
- Statistical Process Control (XmR) Tool 25 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 23 Aug 2021
- User Defined Pages Beta 22 Aug 2021
- New Top Level SPC Icons 18 Aug 2021
- Public View World Wide 14 Aug 2021
- Public View G Cloud 13 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 06 Aug 2021
- More SPC Chart Goodness 05 Aug 2021
- A New Blog Site 04 Aug 2021
- Release 1.4, Database Access 29 Jul 2021
- New SPC Charts 02 Jul 2021
- New Maternity Indicators 02 Jul 2021