Earlier today, NHS Improvement published their quarterly performance report. This contains a summary of performance against the main regulatory metrics including A&E, 18 week and Cancer. But it also contains one of the only opportunities to compare financial performance.
At the end of Quarter 1, on one hand things are good, the provider sector forecasts it will finish the year on plan. But one the other, financial stability remains a problem as this is against a planned deficit for the year of £519 million. That said if providers can keep to plan it will be a marked improvement on 17/18 which ended with a deficit of £966 million.
Looking at financial performance at a provider level it is concerning to see that only 10 providers have reported a surplus position for Q1, particularly given that 51% have a plan for surplus by the end of 18/19. But for those 10 delivering a surplus must be commended.
Reviewing the preset comparison groups on Public View it is clear that financial performance is continuing to correlate closely with CQC rating. Average income and expenditure position for CQC groups as follows;
- Outstanding -0.1%
- Good -4.6%
- Requires Improvement -8.8%
- Inadequate - 13.3%
To view the full list and see how your organisation’s performance compares to peers click here to register for a free trial account.
- Updated Stroke Metrics 15 Oct 2021
- User Interface Updates 11 Oct 2021
- 287 Metrics 07 Oct 2021
- Automated Testing 20 Sep 2021
- New Release 09 Sep 2021
- New User Defined Reports 04 Sep 2021
- NHS Template Errors 26 Aug 2021
- Templates Direct Database Connexion 26 Aug 2021
- Statistical Process Control (XmR) Tool 25 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 23 Aug 2021
- User Defined Pages Beta 22 Aug 2021
- New Top Level SPC Icons 18 Aug 2021
- Public View World Wide 14 Aug 2021
- Public View G Cloud 13 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 06 Aug 2021
- More SPC Chart Goodness 05 Aug 2021
- A New Blog Site 04 Aug 2021
- Release 1.4, Database Access 29 Jul 2021
- New SPC Charts 02 Jul 2021
- New Maternity Indicators 02 Jul 2021