During recent performance tests we noticed that IE11 is a really slow browser.
Internet Explorer was launched in 1995, IE11 in 2013. Microsoft Edge replaced IE11 in 2015.
We measured our own "home page", which is a big page, but it's designed for speed - displaying within a second on modern browsers. You can sort it (which rebuilds each each of the 44 charts on it) in about half a second. It just feels quick.
On IE11 on our most powerful machines it's a different story. There's a noticeable gap of a couple of seconds before the screen's displayed, and sorting takes over a second!
Our software is lightening fast, but IE11 is horribly slow.
We thought about putting a reminder on the page, encouraging people to upgrade. Perhaps we will do that in time, but for now... by all means keep using IE11, but please understand that things could easily be so much quicker.
- Top 100 Hospitals 22 May 2022
- Continuing Health Care metrics 16 May 2022
- Maternity Replaces Board Scorecard 15 May 2022
- Conference Season 04 May 2022
- Better Blog Search 04 May 2022
- Board Reports and Headlines 02 May 2022
- More ICS Support 25 Apr 2022
- Innovation in the NHS 22 Apr 2022
- Easter Eggs 16 Apr 2022
- New Financial Year New Data 14 Apr 2022
- New Cloud 03 Apr 2022
- Good Ideas 29 Mar 2022
- Additions and Fixes 26 Mar 2022
- System Updates 21 Mar 2022
- Public View joins BCN Group 14 Mar 2022
- End to natural births targets 23 Feb 2022
- SOF and HCPS Reports 16 Feb 2022
- Diagnostic Activity Metrics 09 Feb 2022
- Search 02 Feb 2022
- Accessibility 28 Jan 2022