This week's update is scheduled for first-thing Tuesday morning and is a set of fixes for small problems plus general performance improvements.
New Icon Set
The main thing users may notice is that we've switched the site's icon set from one open-source provider (Font Awesome) to another (Bootstrap). This reduces the overall size of the site and puts us in a better place for the future.
The new icon set is smaller than the old, however, so we had to change some icons:
- The "performance" icon previously looked like a car speedo and is now a trophy.
- There are no longer icons for "social media" - our Facebook, Twitter and Vimeo accounts links are therefore gone. We don't use those much anyway.
- The happy/ sad face icons for https://top100hospitals.co.uk/ have slimmed down a bit.
- The "intranet" icon has changed from a small computer on a network to a shield. The shield indicates that the user's accessing the system from a secure intranet location.
- The "colour pallete" icon, which was rather nice, has been replaced by a simple "wrench" icons, although it still edits the pallete as before.
- Improve display of icons in user management list.
- Fixed change pallete colour issue which was broken.
- Ensure that bookmarked top 100 hospital details links always work.
- Improve "loading" spinners in blog, top 100, performance page etc
- Colour centile column in headlines page.
We're trialling hugely expanded support for additional metrics plus various new format reports. We're always interested in hearing ideas for new ways for us to present data.
We have a new public-facing site design which is currently in test.
- Updated Stroke Metrics 15 Oct 2021
- User Interface Updates 11 Oct 2021
- 287 Metrics 07 Oct 2021
- Automated Testing 20 Sep 2021
- New Release 09 Sep 2021
- New User Defined Reports 04 Sep 2021
- NHS Template Errors 26 Aug 2021
- Templates Direct Database Connexion 26 Aug 2021
- Statistical Process Control (XmR) Tool 25 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 23 Aug 2021
- User Defined Pages Beta 22 Aug 2021
- New Top Level SPC Icons 18 Aug 2021
- Public View World Wide 14 Aug 2021
- Public View G Cloud 13 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 06 Aug 2021
- More SPC Chart Goodness 05 Aug 2021
- A New Blog Site 04 Aug 2021
- Release 1.4, Database Access 29 Jul 2021
- New SPC Charts 02 Jul 2021
- New Maternity Indicators 02 Jul 2021