Yesterday we suffered our first outage.
Our systems are hosted in the ordinarily very reliable Microsoft Azure Cloud in the South of the UK. Yesterday Azure had a major outage which affected our service from mid-afternoon until late in the evening.
Azure's summary is included below.
Public View will actually run completely offline, but that relies on the user having already cached the data they want to review, and they must already be logged on.
We will be reviewing the situation later today and will take steps to reduce the risk of this happening again, and to improve how we deal with it.
Apologies to our users: we were aware of the problem and working on it.
- Updated Stroke Metrics 15 Oct 2021
- User Interface Updates 11 Oct 2021
- 287 Metrics 07 Oct 2021
- Automated Testing 20 Sep 2021
- New Release 09 Sep 2021
- New User Defined Reports 04 Sep 2021
- NHS Template Errors 26 Aug 2021
- Templates Direct Database Connexion 26 Aug 2021
- Statistical Process Control (XmR) Tool 25 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 23 Aug 2021
- User Defined Pages Beta 22 Aug 2021
- New Top Level SPC Icons 18 Aug 2021
- Public View World Wide 14 Aug 2021
- Public View G Cloud 13 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 06 Aug 2021
- More SPC Chart Goodness 05 Aug 2021
- A New Blog Site 04 Aug 2021
- Release 1.4, Database Access 29 Jul 2021
- New SPC Charts 02 Jul 2021
- New Maternity Indicators 02 Jul 2021