A few months ago Microsoft announced the timetable for retiring Internet Explorer 11.
Ahead of the final retirement in 2021, Microsoft has already ceased to support some features of IE11 such as TLS 1.1 in their own products.
We're following suit, and over the xmas period we'll be turning off support for TLS 1.0 in Public View.
Internet Explorer 11 users with the default TLS 1.2 setting will be unaffected, although your experience will be significantly better if you used a modern browser.
If your Internet Explorer 11 stops working with Public View, we advice that you switch to a modern browser; any will do.
Those who can't or won't do that can switch to using TLS 1.2 as follows:
- Click the "settings" icon top-right in the browser and select "Internet Options".
- Select the "Advanced" tab.
- Scroll down until you see the "Use TLS 1.2" setting as shown below, and ensure it's selected.
The browser will then select TLS 1.2 when using Public View. If you use legacy sites with the insecure TLS 1.1 protocol, that's unaffected so long as you do not disable it.
IE11 Internet Settings/ Advanced screen
- Updated Stroke Metrics 15 Oct 2021
- User Interface Updates 11 Oct 2021
- 287 Metrics 07 Oct 2021
- Automated Testing 20 Sep 2021
- New Release 09 Sep 2021
- New User Defined Reports 04 Sep 2021
- NHS Template Errors 26 Aug 2021
- Templates Direct Database Connexion 26 Aug 2021
- Statistical Process Control (XmR) Tool 25 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 23 Aug 2021
- User Defined Pages Beta 22 Aug 2021
- New Top Level SPC Icons 18 Aug 2021
- Public View World Wide 14 Aug 2021
- Public View G Cloud 13 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 06 Aug 2021
- More SPC Chart Goodness 05 Aug 2021
- A New Blog Site 04 Aug 2021
- Release 1.4, Database Access 29 Jul 2021
- New SPC Charts 02 Jul 2021
- New Maternity Indicators 02 Jul 2021