We just released v1.4.0909.1638 with new features and fixes for some things we should not have broken.
Apologies to anyone who tried to register for the last day or two. We saw some strange things in our logs and eventually worked out that new self-registrations were failing. The root cause was some work we'd done in preparation for this release... but that's no excuse.
We're part way through a new project to add automated testing, so this sort of thing should get even rarer in future. More on that later.
We have not however invested in a spell-checker for the blog just yet, in case anyone was wondering.
User Defined Reports
As defined in A previous post, user defined reports are the main new feature of this release, as shown here.
The good news is that they're backwards-compatible, so you can just keep doing what you were doing with earlier releases and that'll work just the same. On the other hand if you want to create some custom reports with arbitrary metrics... then have a play with User Defined Reports and we think you'll find them easy and really quick to use.
We love our SPC charts. Actually we're not all that keen, they're fairly fidily to write software for. Anyway, if you take a close look at the screen shot above you'll see we've now provided users with instant access to "process metric" icons in every report.
Here's an example of how they look in the SPC chart itself
Note that you can click on any valid point on the chart and the process metrics will reflect your selection.
We also fixed various issues, mostly minor, but no one likes defects. If there's anything you know is still broken, please tell us and we'll happily fix it.
- Updated Stroke Metrics 15 Oct 2021
- User Interface Updates 11 Oct 2021
- 287 Metrics 07 Oct 2021
- Automated Testing 20 Sep 2021
- New Release 09 Sep 2021
- New User Defined Reports 04 Sep 2021
- NHS Template Errors 26 Aug 2021
- Templates Direct Database Connexion 26 Aug 2021
- Statistical Process Control (XmR) Tool 25 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 23 Aug 2021
- User Defined Pages Beta 22 Aug 2021
- New Top Level SPC Icons 18 Aug 2021
- Public View World Wide 14 Aug 2021
- Public View G Cloud 13 Aug 2021
- Public View Database Service 06 Aug 2021
- More SPC Chart Goodness 05 Aug 2021
- A New Blog Site 04 Aug 2021
- Release 1.4, Database Access 29 Jul 2021
- New SPC Charts 02 Jul 2021
- New Maternity Indicators 02 Jul 2021