This week's new software release includes updates for "accessibility", something the NHS's keen on for obvious reasons.
We figured we should "get our own house in order" if we were thinking of publishing metrics on our customer organisations relating to "acccessiblity", and the new release largely does that. "Lighthouse" is Chrome's built-in accessibility assessment tool, and we're doing pretty well on that one as per the screen shot below - the score is out of 100.
That said, we're not perfect, and we'll do more here in future, particularly in relation to "colour contrast" issues, although it's a tricky balance between getting something which looks pleasant to everyone and yet scores well on such metrics. And it's tricky to automatically test at the moment.
We did build automated accessibility tests into our software release process too, so we should be able to maintain and improve things here in the future.
- Top 100 Hospitals 22 May 2022
- Continuing Health Care metrics 16 May 2022
- Maternity Replaces Board Scorecard 15 May 2022
- Conference Season 04 May 2022
- Better Blog Search 04 May 2022
- Board Reports and Headlines 02 May 2022
- More ICS Support 25 Apr 2022
- Innovation in the NHS 22 Apr 2022
- Easter Eggs 16 Apr 2022
- New Financial Year New Data 14 Apr 2022
- New Cloud 03 Apr 2022
- Good Ideas 29 Mar 2022
- Additions and Fixes 26 Mar 2022
- System Updates 21 Mar 2022
- Public View joins BCN Group 14 Mar 2022
- End to natural births targets 23 Feb 2022
- SOF and HCPS Reports 16 Feb 2022
- Diagnostic Activity Metrics 09 Feb 2022
- Search 02 Feb 2022
- Accessibility 28 Jan 2022