The other week we were lucky enough to have a post-Covid visit to one of our customers, where we learned more about how their part of the NHS uses the public data sets PublicView stores and processes.
It turned out that the customer needed to process data for sets of ICS "member" organisations (Trusts or CCGs), so they could see how those individual constituents were affecting the ICS's overall performance for specific metrics. Our systems supported ICS level comparisons, but we'd missed that customers would need to review which of their member organisations (CCGs or Providers) were contributing to the metric, and how.
The report they were producing manually is shown at the bottom of the page here, with deep red blocking on what was an Excel spreadsheet derived from our system data.
PublicView Screen Shot
We thought that the user's approach to colouring in table cells to draw attention to it was a good idea. So we took it and built it into our systems. We hope that'll save a lot of effort each month, and mwill spread our customer's good idea more widely. Our version of the tbale is responsive and reactive - you can tweak the colours in real time, and sort or step through or drill into the data as you'd expect.
We also realized that even if you're not managing an ICS, this sort of display could be useful, so it'll be released in a few days for all users, not just ICS users. Oh, and it works on your mobile phone too!
If any other customers are performing "down stream" processing of data from PublicView, please get in touch and tell us what you're doing. If we can, we'll code it up so it's automatic.
- Mental Health Report 17 Aug 2022
- Elective & Quality Reports 16 Aug 2022
- New Cancer Report 06 Aug 2022
- New ICS Peer Group Types 06 Aug 2022
- New A&E Canned Report 05 Aug 2022
- Urgent Community Response 03 Aug 2022
- NHS Organisational Changes 04 Jul 2022
- Oversight Framework Segmentation 30 Jun 2022
- Apologies 21 Jun 2022
- 1008 Metrics, and Counting 16 Jun 2022
- A Quiet Thursday 09 Jun 2022
- Shields Up 04 Jun 2022
- New Target Highlighting 30 May 2022
- Top 100 Hospitals 22 May 2022
- Continuing Health Care metrics 16 May 2022
- Maternity Replaces Board Scorecard 15 May 2022
- Conference Season 04 May 2022
- Better Blog Search 04 May 2022
- Board Reports and Headlines 02 May 2022
- More ICS Support 25 Apr 2022