The CloudFlare distribution network had an outage for a few minutes this morning, which affected some of our users. Public View should have still worked if you were signed in already (as it works off line), but new logins would fail whilst Cloud Flare was down from about 07:43 to 08:20 UK time.
We're sorry for any inconvenience. Cloud Flare is a large content distribution service which we use to provide a faster and more resilient service, but nothing's 100% reliable and this time we were unlucky.
Here's a third party summary which will likely be updated in due course once they have full details of what broke and why.
If you encountered the error, which you'd definitely see when trying to log in or to access something not already cached in your browser, Cloud Flare helpfully provided this screen:
... which whilst it makes no difference to users, is a bit annoying to us as they put the red ink in the wrong place! Their service is mostly excellent, so we'll let them off this time I think.
- Oversight Framework Segmentation 30 Jun 2022
- Apologies 21 Jun 2022
- 1008 Metrics, and Counting 16 Jun 2022
- A Quiet Thursday 09 Jun 2022
- Shields Up 04 Jun 2022
- New Target Highlighting 30 May 2022
- Top 100 Hospitals 22 May 2022
- Continuing Health Care metrics 16 May 2022
- Maternity Replaces Board Scorecard 15 May 2022
- Conference Season 04 May 2022
- Better Blog Search 04 May 2022
- Board Reports and Headlines 02 May 2022
- More ICS Support 25 Apr 2022
- Innovation in the NHS 22 Apr 2022
- Easter Eggs 16 Apr 2022
- New Financial Year New Data 14 Apr 2022
- New Cloud 03 Apr 2022
- Good Ideas 29 Mar 2022
- Additions and Fixes 26 Mar 2022
- System Updates 21 Mar 2022